Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Fairfax Bird

I was recently contacted by my adviser from KCK Schools regarding the mascot for my middle school. As it happens, in the time that Fairfax has been open, they've been known as the "Falcons," but in name only. I told Dave that I would be more than happy to design something for them.

This exchange actually came on the heels of my second interview, but before I was officially offered the position. Who knows? Maybe it was between me and some other guy. I could see Dave sitting in his office talking to Rufus, the principal.

"I don't know. It's a toss-up between Pal Wright and that Mark Teel guy. Let's have them both design mascots for us and we'll make our choice based on that."

Or maybe it was because I didn't come to the interviews reeking of alcohol. Thank God for chewing gum.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Fairfax bird! Obviously Dave & Rufus do, too!

How long as Fairfax been open anyway?

Mom

09 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was supposed to say, How long has Fairfax been open anyway?

09 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the logo you did? I'm assuming it is. It's very nice.

Frasier

11 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It as been open for quite some time. Asn't it?

Buck

11 July, 2007  
Blogger Mark Teel said...

I'm not quite sure. It's an older building though.

11 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home