Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin, RIP...It's No B.S.

I woke up this morning to the news of George Carlin's passing. I'm not necessarily the type of person to follow stand-up comedy, but Carlin was different. To me, he elevated the art form and, over the past half-century, looked at the world with a twisted sort of philosophy. I remember in college, offending more than a few people in my Philosophy class, after having played a sound bite of Carlin's "Invisible Man in the Sky" routine for a presentation I did on the existence of God.

I came across a 1985 collaboration that he did with animator Bob Kurtz, whose work you might recognize from the opening titles of the old Pink Panther films, among other things.

This cartoon is not family appropriate--but it is hysterical-- so be forewarned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home